6×8 Prints for Memory Keeping
We’re seeing more and more photo albums and memory books in the 6×8 format. It’s a fun size and a great way to mix up storytelling. Summer is near and families take trips. Have you ever put together a “travel journal”?
Recently, my husband and I spent a week in New Zealand. The fancy dSLR stayed home. I only used my iPhone and iPhone Apps to create my New Zealand Travel Journal. I chose the 6×8 Handbook in Woodgrain Cloth from Studio Calico. Photo pockets include 6×8, 4×6, 3×4 and 2×2 sizes, so I shot photos with these aspect ratio’s in mind. Prints from Persnickety.
I prefer photo albums with page protectors over bound books for a variety of reasons:
- Perfect storage for tangible memories (tickets, notes, etc)
- Photographic printing is more archival than ink based printing
- Page protectors allow me to add photos and memorabilia at any time
- Instant gratification, I can print in stages
- Personalization of handwriting (journaling cards)
2×2 prints are fun to play with but tricky to print. Read our last post explaining the easiest way to design and print 2×2’s here.
All 6×8 Prints were shot with the iPhone 6 and post processed in the Rhonna Designs Mobile App. With the long flight home, I flipped my phone on Airplane mode and designed away!
They turned out beautiful!
Upload and order your 6×8 Photos Here for only
$1.29 99¢ each for a limited time!