Hi Everyone, Kristin here sharing a super cool mini-album made with Persnickety Prints 4×4 cardstock prints and the A Beautiful Mess Photo app for the iPhone (android version out soon).
Confession: I worked on this album (editing the pictures in the app) one night when I had crazy insomnia and couldn’t fall asleep, but was too tired to do anything else. It made me feel so productive.
Here’s how I did it:
1. I picked out 10 of my favorite photos of me and Jeff (k&j).
2. I ran each photo through the A Beautiful Mess App, using just the circle filter.
2a. I created the cover by adding k&j text to the top of one of the photos (a picture I took of this wall collage).
3. I uploaded my saved photos to Persnickety Prints and had them printed as 4×4 cardstock prints on soft art paper.
4. When I got my prints, I punched a hole in the upper left corner and journaled a bit on the back of each photo before slipping them all through a single binder ring.
5. To finish the mini-album, I added a stamped glassine bag to the back of the cover page with a little bit of journaling about the book.
- This is a great way to make a quick vacation album — edit the photos on the ride home (as long as you’re the passenger) and you’ll be 90% of the way done, just upload them when you get home and put the book together when your prints arrive
- I haven’t had any issues with photos being blurry or low resolution when using the A Beautiful Mess app, although I’ve heard a few people have had issues — a good reminder is that any photo taken with the front facing camera (the selfie cam) is going to be a much lower resolution photo.
- This technique would work great with your other favorite photo editing apps as well (instagram, phonto, etc)
- Other sizes! These books would look great in 3×3, or 5×5 as well!