10 Tips for Shooting Products with your Mobile Phone
Brands are created and reinforced by imagery. The way you present yourself and your product has a huge impact on your brand. Etsy? Ecommerce? Blog? Online sales will increase with improved product images. Are your photos Pin worthy? We're here to help.
We've set up a "mock" product shoot using just 3 items:
- 1 plain white poster board (49¢ at Target) or a seamless background
- 1 roll of flat matte wrapping paper (from my closet)
- iPhone 5s
10 Tips for shooting products with your mobile phone
- Turn OFF your flash & use natural light.
- Focus. Tap the screen to focus on the subject.
- Hold steady. Use a tripod or Gorillapod.
- Simple Staging. (white & bright)
- Get up close and personal!
- Keep your phone/camera level.
- Pay attention to shadows.
- Composition. Force products to one side and add a message.
- Style with other objects to scale size.
- Shoot detail and textures to highlight the value of your product.
Here is what we got... straight out of our iPhone 5s standard camera.
Zero Post Processing ↓
Not too shabby!
Add text on your phone with apps like Rhonna Designs, Over, LetterGlow and Phonto. Post & resize directly to your WordPress blog with the WordPress App. If you're familiar with photoshop or lightroom you could take another step and adjust white balance.
Create Printables, Coupons, Flyers, Invitations, Business Cards, Vision Boards... and upload and order at Persnickety Prints.
Can't wait to see what you come up with!