10 Tips for Shooting Products with your Mobile Phone
Brands are created and reinforced by imagery. The way you present yourself and your product has a huge impact on your brand. Etsy? Ecommerce? Blog? Online sales will increase with improved product images. Are your photos Pin worthy? We're here to help.
We've set up a "mock" product shoot using just 3 items:
- 1 plain white poster board (49¢ at Target) or a seamless background
- 1 roll of flat matte wrapping paper (from my closet)
- iPhone 5s
10 Tips for shooting products with your mobile phone
- Turn OFF your flash & use natural light.
- Focus. Tap the screen to focus on the subject.
- Hold steady. Use a tripod or Gorillapod.
- Simple Staging. (white & bright)
- Get up close and personal!
- Keep your phone/camera level.
- Pay attention to shadows.
- Composition. Force products to one side and add a message.
- Style with other objects to scale size.
- Shoot detail and textures to highlight the value of your product.
Here is what we got... straight out of our iPhone 5s standard camera.
Zero Post Processing ↓
Not too shabby!
Create Printables, Coupons, Flyers, Invitations, Business Cards, Vision Boards... and upload and order at Persnickety Prints.
Can't wait to see what you come up with!